The name PATCHES stands for Pediatric Alternative Treatment, Care, Housing & Evaluation Services, Inc.; while PPEC means Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care.
Our experience of serving children with medical needs have equipped us with the unique understanding that children are not just small adults. Children in non acute care settings have a number of distinctive care needs, such as growth and developmental issues, often complicated by their medical fragility. Additionally, acute attention and monitoring is essential to sustaining the often narrow margin of safety when considering patient size and weight relative to pulmonary management, medication, and other medical needs.
We realize that the self-esteem, self-confidence, and small triumphs of a child are often brought about by plenty of encouragement, hugs, and smiles. We also provide onsite playground, and daily enrichment programs. Our goal is to help each child reach his or her potential safely, in a fun-filled caring environment.
PATCHES offers parents the peace of mind brought about by a program staffed by health care professionals who are expertly trained in the care of children with both sub-acute and chronic conditions. Our center is fully equipped and staffed to accommodate children who require the support of ventilators, tracheotomies, oxygen therapy, and feeding tubes, or who have other special medical needs. Supportive therapies, respiratory care, educational programming, and door-to-door transportation are also available.
Fully licensed by the State of Florida, our well-rounded, expertly managed program benefits both children and families with the highest standards of pediatric specialized care.
WHY CHOOSE PPEC?
- PPEC is a safe, professional alternative to choose for your child’s nursing care.
- PPEC has many pediatric health care professionals watching and caring for your child every day – all day.
- PPEC provides a safe, nurturing, home like place for your child to thrive physically, socially, and developmentally.
- PPEC is the most cost effective setting when compared to a hospital or home health care.
- PPEC gives your child the opportunity to play and socialize with other children.
WHAT IS A PPEC?
- PATCHES PPEC provides up to 12 hours of nursing care Monday through Friday.
- PATCHES is a State Licensed Healthcare Facility that cares for children ages birth to 21 years of age.
- PATCHES provides a safe, cost effective, stimulating environment that is staffed by licensed pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, licensed rehab therapists (OTPTST) and certified teachers.
- Need love
- Deserve a life free from pain
- Are entitled to have more than just their basic needs met
- Deserve to grow, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
- Should be treated with dignity and respect
- Need to be heard
- Deserve to be happy!
- We understand the importance of excellence in pediatric skilled nursing
- Over a decade of service to this community
- Licensed and accredited healthcare facility by the Agency for Health Care Administration
- Health Care Hero Award by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce 2013
- City of Homestead Proclamation: PATCHES Day every August 17th 2006
- Business Associates of the year: American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) 2012
- American Red Cross: Outstanding Women’s award submitted by Baptist Health System 2012
- Elaine Gordon: You made a difference award 2009
- Community leadership award 2015
- Special recognition- City of Doral 2016
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLE
Through delivery of professional and compassionate health care, we acknowledge the healing presence of God.
Luke: 9:48 – “Anyone who takes care of a little child like this is caring for me.”
SAFETY & SECURITY
We take the responsibility of caring for your child as seriously as you do:
- Level 2 background screening is conducted on every employee
- Every Employee is CPR certified
- On site Security officers
- Video monitoring of ALL child care areas
- Each parents is given a unique security code to enter the child care area- this allows us the monitor when the child was dropped off or picked up
- Parent approval and ID monitoring for anyone who may pick up the child
- Photo of your child is in all medical records for ID purposes
- Regular inspections by Department of Health and Fire Department
- Multiple caregivers onsite with No Child Ever Alone with One Caregiver
- Fenced Playground with Security Cameras
- Cleaning supplies, Medications & other supplies are locked safely away and out of the reach of children
- The center is cleaned nightly with hospital grade cleaners
- Toys & other items are cleaned throughout the day
- Hand-washing is a must for everyone
The demand of many specialist appointments become a burden to our parents. We have 4 specialists who currently make rounds on a regular basis. When your child is here and they need a visit, one of our specialists can see your child and will call you with an update.
In addition, we can do bloodwork, schedule appointment and arrange transportation to make it easier for you.
- Hot breakfast and lunch
- Snack provided
- Nutritional plan is accommodated as prescribed by your child’s physician
- Speech therapy directed therapeutic feeding
- Play, Special Events, Activities
CLINIC SITE FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Helping to edicate our future health care workers.
- Medical Interns
- Advanced registered nurse practitioners
- RN students
- LPN students
- Occupational, Physical and speech therapy students
- Approved site for Miami Dade College intern volunteers
- Approved clinical site for Miami Dade County Public School Vocational Programs