PATCHES is a licensed healthcare facility that cares for children from birth to 21 years that have extraordinary medical conditions.
PATCHES provides a safe, cost effective environment that is staffed by licensed pediatric professionals.
We offer parents the peace of mind brought about by a program staffed by health care professionals who are expertly trained in the care of children with both sub-acute and chronic conditions. Our center is fully equipped and staffed to accommodate children who require the support of ventilators, tracheotomies, oxygen therapy, and feeding tubes, or who have other special medical needs. Supportive therapies, respiratory care, educational programming, and door-to-door transportation are also available.
Fully licensed by the State of Florida, our well-rounded, expertly managed program benefits both children and families with the highest standards of pediatric specialized care.
PATCHES offers Respiratory, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies as components of a comprehensive plan of care. While play, socialization and enrichment are integral parts of child development, education is also provided to foster development of the whole child.
- In order to qualify for admission to our PPEC, a child must:
- Be medically complex or fragile and/or technologically dependant
- Have approval from his/her doctor
- Be medically stable (not in need of immediate hospital care)
- Be appropriate for outpatient care
- Require skilled nursing care
- Present no significant risk of infection to other children or personnel
Procedure for admission into PATCHES is:
- Anyone can refer a child to us including a MD, nurse, family member or Social Worker
- Parents visit the unit, meet with the staff and discuss their child’s needs
- Consents are signed allowing us to contact the child’s doctor
- PATCHES consults with the doctor relative to how we may best serve the child
- A plan of care is formulated and the approval process begins